Jun 2, 2014

Spring Trip to Algonquin

The past weekend we made it into Algonquin Park for a couple of days of fishing and relaxation.  This was the first time this group had been out together as a group.  Two of the guys (Matt and Ken) have tripped together before.  For Richard and myself this was a first outing.  

In the end after agonizing over camera gear I ended up taking the X-T1 with the 14mm and 55-200mm lenses.  They turned out to be excellent choices.  My thought process was I could crop most anything from the 14mm images, I was correct, the X-T1 has the resolution and the sharpness.

Unfortunately my blog post from my first trip to this spot is long gone as it was on another blog that I deleted in a moment of insanity.  Pics from that 2006 trip can be found here


This was the most dramatic picture I took in my opinion - posted it first for those who don't scroll far enough - lol


We arrived in the park and loaded the canoes up.  Richard and Matt.


Everyone but me.  Matt was taking pictures as well so if he share them I will post a few of myself. 


After a short 1.5 hour paddle we made our camp site.



Tent setup. 



Richard, eager to fish!


Matt and Ken 



Hey guys!



So ended the first evening.  All the black dots are mosquitoes - I am to lazy to clone them out :-)  Bugs were bad but we made the best of it.





See the bugs?





The latest is bug wear fashion.  No that is not a bottle of Crown Royal on the edge.


See, we don't live as pigs in the bush, we do our dishes!!!



Ken gearing up for day 2 of fishing.


No wind = nasty bugs but beautiful day!


Not a trout but a whitefish.





The picture on the left I took in 2006 and was one of my favourite pics for many many years.  It gives a sense of adventure ahead,  to the right and below are shots from the other day.  The scenery hasn't changed nor has the sense of adventure ahead.



Fire time to cut down on the bugs a bit. 



Below is a series of sunset shots as the day ended.














A small sliver of moon that very shortly after this set. 


This trip ends with a lovely fire on a quiet lake listening to the loons while we stared at the most amazing stary sky I have ever seen.  A short but great trip to remember.


1 comment: