Feb 19, 2012

Week 8 - Other Photographers

Wow - 8 weeks into the new year already, the time is flying!   It appears I can say the same about winter.  Fingers crossed cause we could still get nailed but this past week has been pretty mild for Feb.   The sun is been out most days this week and the snow is melting and evaporating.  Maybe the stupid ground hog was right for once..... we'll see, cautiously optimistic.

Was a strange week.  Monday was the work grievance hearing.  Not sure how it went but it went 40 minutes longer then it was suppose to and I felt pretty battered by the end of it.  It was more confrontational then I would have liked or when compared to other grievances I've been involved in.  But we made our case and it's in the hands of the "jury".  Should know within the next couple of weeks if we were successful or not.  From there we have to decide if we want to go to a formal process or let it go.

Thursday afternoon I got the first half of my new tattoo.  The main piece (an inukshuk) is pretty much completed and when I go back in a few weeks the snow and full moon will be added.   When done I'll put a picture up for a few days for everyone to see.  The inukshuk is awesome, Greg at The Ink Spot did an amazing job.  The rocks look real.  He knows how to do realistic work.   Walking around with muscle shirts this weekend to try and help it heal.  Pretty sore but coming along nicely.   Looking forward to the rest of it, it's going to look amazing.

This weeks theme was "other photographers".   Jen won't let me take her picture so I resorted to the other photographer in the house - Jackson!  


One of the better shots I've managed to take of him, he was very cooperative this morning ;-) and got himself a treat in the process.

My buddy Glen in Bermuda has joined the ranks of bloggers.  It's mainly to showcase his ongoing renovations at his house but with encouragement maybe he'll do some writing? http://bermudaglen.blogspot.com/   He's a pretty funny guy in real life and I expect he could do the same in writing.  Come on Glen!

That was my week in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment