Feb 12, 2012

Week 7 - Shadows - From the Shadows

Greetings from deep winter ;-)    Only 1 month and 2 days before I head off to Bermuda, can't some soon enough!  Looking forward to seeing my island friends.

Deep into the winter blah's this year but we're keeping a smile on the face and carrying on.  Lots of unknown things going on in my life right now.   Waiting for C and her 3rd lawyer to get moving on the next stage of the divorce mess, still where we were 2 years ago when we separated.  Seems to be the never heading headache.   Changes coming at work.  Looks like a long overdue (and much needed) re-org is on the horizon.   I know I'm in good shape but curious to see what my position will look like when it's over and tomorrow my crew and I head into a labour grievance over market allowance pay.  Spent the past week getting ready for the presentation and preparing our arguments.   We're the first grievance to be heard tomorrow morning at 9am.  Lets hope being the first out of the trench to storm the lines doesn't end with machine gun fire hahahaha

Nice and sunny this weekend but the teasing warm weather that we had earlier in the week ran away.  It's around -20c with the windchill here today so walking the dog was not a pleasant experience.  So deceptive with the sunshine streaming in the back windows, it feels so warm.  Stick your nose out the door and you discover the truth ;-)

This weeks Project 52 theme was shadows.   Naturally most people went for shows of things on sunny days or lights at night.   Trying to continue to treat these themes as outside the box.  What comes to me is, what lurks in the shadows.   Not getting much reaction from the Project 52 people, but I like it anyhow;


As with every other photographer in the world, spend this week drooling over the new D800.   What an amazing looking camera.   But mentally trying to justify a 3k+ price tag.  Not something I could afford easily.    I'm actually not in to bad of shape lens wise.  I have the 80-200mm that would fit it nicely in FX mode and I could look at a Tamron F2.8 to cover the low end.  Another 500 or so.   Sell off some of my DX stuff maybe?  hahaha, the possibilities are there.   But would like to see what they are going to come out with when replacing the D300s.  But that FX D800 is a piece of work.  Going to have to think this one through but for the foreseeable future my trust D200 will continue to keep me entertained.

Well that was the week in review, not much happening.  Just over 1 month till Bermuda, 2 months till canoeing starts and 3 months good spring weather.   Every year I find myself liking the idea of retiring "south" more and more attractive ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment