Jan 28, 2010

Round Schooner Lake - Sept 2009

Last Sept visited Round Schooner Lake on what was probably the best weekend of the entire summer.  The weather was amazing.  Spent 3 days and 2 nights recharging the batteries ;-)  Click the images for a larger view.

Nikon D200 w/ Nikkor 18-200mm VR
A young bald eagle that was in the area throughout the weekend.  Had to digitally zoom in a fair amount so there is some rough edges.

Nikon D200 w/ Nikkor 18-200mm VR
I'll admit, this one is actually a cheat.  Two exposures, one for the moon another for the water and then I blended them together.  This is what I saw with my naked eye ;-)  Like I said, a wonderful weekend on so many levels.

Took some panorama shots that day and I see I still haven't tried to stitch them together.  I'll give it a try and see if I can get a usable image.  There is a massive cliff at this lake that gives an amazing view from the top.  Panorama is really the only way to capture it.

Update, the panorama's turned out pretty good, here is one;

Click image for a much larger version

Nikon D200 w/ Nikkor 18-200mm VR
9 NEF vertical orientation images blended with PhotoShop CS3
Cropped and levels

Now how is that for a view!   The climb up is daunting but worth every step.

3 comments:

  1. The moon shot is gorgeous. I've done that w/ the two exposure combination. Especially w/ shots that have bright spots like the moon ...

    The pano is wonderful.

    It's so nice to see the blues and greens. Archives are great at this time of year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, worth the climb, amazing view!! Love the whole shot.
    The wooden path looks very intriguing. Does it go anywhere? N

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Olivia and Nat!

    Nat, I assume your talking about the wooden path in the Upper Canada Bird Sanctuary post? It's actually a loop. It's located near where I live. What they have is 4 trails that all loop back to a central area. Three are still open. The forth is called the Heron Trail (in the picture) is almost entirely a wooden walkway that extends for at least 2km's. But it is in very poor conditions. A few times I had to "bum scoot" over a few collapsed sections. It's no longer level and tilts crazy in all directions and you have to watch for weak areas. In the end your not suppose to be there but I just couldn't resist ;-) I've got lots of wild pictures of it.

    Here is more info - http://www.uppercanadabirdsanctuary.com/home.htm

    ReplyDelete